Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Sweep the Board

-Greg

So, the planesrazer deck has been doing pretty well, and I've been making some small tweaks and adjustments here and there. Last night, I dropped in a Broodmate to liven things up, and Brenna and I decided to play a few games. Here's how a rather incredible game three ended:

Brenna has 43 life, a Story Circle and two Runed Halos in play, along with a a dozen or so red and/or white mana available. It's late game, and she has yet to cast one of her two Banefires. I'm at nine life, have Broodmate +1 in play that are getting Circled, and can't get all my tokens past her Wall of Reverence and man-lands. I have popped one Elspeth already, making all my guys indestructible The game is, as they say, down to the wire as I enter my turn.

I Wrath of God, leaving me with two Dragons and a handful of soldiers. Next, I activate all my planeswalkers, Savor the Moment, activate planeswalkers again, drop a Realm Razer on a board with all lands tapped. Brenna says "Are you fucking serious?" Pass the turn.

Brenna topdecks what would've been a lethal Banefire. She passes the turn and proceeds to scowl with much ferocity.

Pop Garruk and pump with Elspeth. Swing with Broodmate +1, Razer, 10 soldier tokens for 67 damage. The trash talk commences:

Brenna: Seriously? Are you fucking serious? I had you next turn.
Greg: I think there's a technical term for this. It's AWWWWWWWWWW SNAP!
Brenna: Whatever. What the fuck ever. Realm Razer is cheating.
Greg: Oh yeah? Do you know how to say sore loser in Latin?
Brenna: I think it's go fuck yourself.





I laughed so hard I thought I was going to pee. My wife is the funniest person on the planet, a good magic player, and a truly respectable Talker of the Trash.

No comments:

Post a Comment